In today’s rapidly evolving business world, the need for reliable, high-speed internet connectivity has never been more critical. Essential IT infrastructures including emails, file-sharing platforms, POS systems, VoIP phones, and collaboration tools like Zoom and Slack, all require an internet connection to use. When the internet is down, so is business. Unfortunately, even the best wireline providers still experience outages and downtime. Connections go down for several reasons, including network congestion, weather or natural disasters, construction accidents, software update failures, or other problems, which is why enterprises need a backup plan.
What is failover, and how does it work?
Simply put, failover is an automated internet backup solution. When a business’s primary Internet connection fails, network traffic is routed over a secondary connection with zero downtime. Once the primary connection is restored, the solution will automatically fail back to the primary connection, ensuring uninterrupted Internet and allowing operations to continue. Failover solutions will enable your business to continue running smoothly even if the primary internet connection fails.
Why is failover crucial for your organization?
At first glance, 99.5% uptime may sound impressive until you realize it still equates to roughly four hours of downtime each month. These outages can mean significant productivity and revenue loss for your business. Gartner estimates the average business loses $5,600 per minute of Internet downtime. For companies with multiple locations, that downtime can quickly become very expensive. The true cost of downtime goes beyond idle staff. It can lead to missed sales, failure to fulfill customer demands, and the time to clear the backlog that has accumulated. Additionally, IT maintenance costs spike and your business’s reputation may suffer. All of this can occur while you wait for your connection to be restored. By implementing a failover and multi-WAN (internet) connectivity solution, businesses can maintain near 100% uptime, ensuring uninterrupted critical operations.
Benefits of wireless failover solutions:
- Network Reliability: Wireless failover provides a separate path to the internet, ensuring your business remains connected to the internet, even if the primary connection fails.
- Day-1 Internet: Our devices can be preconfigured and preactivated for a zero-touch deployment, allowing you to get connected immediately instead of waiting days or months for wired installation.
- Remote Management: Through cloud-based wireless routers, you have the ability to remotely monitor and manage your network.
- Scalability: By providing additional internet connections, your network can handle increased traffic and ensure reliable performance even during periods of high demand. Additionally, remotely troubleshooting the network allows network administrators to diagnose and fix problems over the air for better manageability and scalability.
- Multi-carrier Availability: Get the strongest signal, lowest latency, and highest availability with dual SIMs.
- Enhanced Security: Failover devices come with built-in security features, such as firewalls and VPNs, ensuring the secondary connection is secure.
Always Connect Solutions – Your Failover Solutions Partner
Always Connect Solutions specializes in designing and deploying failover and connectivity solutions for organizations of all sizes. We offer simple plug-and-play devices and flexible, multi-carrier data plans, remotely managed with cloud-delivered services. Our solutions provide reliable network failover with advanced capabilities to optimize your internet connectivity and infrastructure. We understand the unique needs of businesses and work closely with our clients to provide customized solutions that meet their specific requirements. We are more than just a solutions provider – we are a dedicated guide to help you navigate and manage your connectivity solutions. Let us help ensure your business and solutions are Always Connected.