Auto VPN Feature
Products Supported: AER31x0, AER2200 as Hubs. Click here to identify your router.
NCOS Version: 6.5.4 – for information on upgrading NCOS Versions, click here.
The 6.5.3 NCOS release introduces a simple to configure Auto VPN feature. This feature provides secure, resilient VPN sessions that can withstand drops in connectivity and the failover transition from one WAN interface to another. Auto VPN is a GRE over certificate based IPSec tunnel configuration between a Cradlepoint Hub and Cradlepoint Spoke routers. Traffic from selected spoke LANs can be directed as full or split tunnel.
Configuration Difficulty: Easy
- Step 1: If Cradlepoint routers are not new, perform a factory reset on the hub and each spoke.
- Step 2: On each spoke router set the WAN interfaces to be used for Auto VPN to Always On.
- Step 3: Change the Local IP Networks of each router to non-conflicting subnets.
- Step 4: In NCM navigate to the Networks on the left side and then VPN on the top
- Step 5: Click on Add, name your VPN network.
- Step 6: Select your encryption profile and tunnel mode of full or split.
- Step 7: Click on Add for Hub. Choose a Hub router and interface. Click Add
- Step 8: Click on Add Spoke. Choose Spokes for your VPN. Conflicting networks will be flagged. Click Add
- Step 9: Click Build. It can take up to 10 minutes for Auto VPN to complete building your VPN.
Published Date: 05/23/2018